In order to communicate effectively with other students and faculty, all students, attending or distance, must have the following technical capabilities:
- A Computer
- Windows computers should be equipped with XP Service Pack 3 or above
- Mac computers should be running OS 10.5 or above
- At least 1 Gh Processor or faster
- At least 1 GB Ram
- Ample hard drive space to download and save audiobooks and assignments: 500 MB (2 GB recommended)
- Working knowledge of computers, especially the ability to access websites, to download and organize files, and to send, receive and manage email.
- Broadband (high-speed) Internet Access (512Kbps recommended)
- A Private, Personal Email Account - for privacy reasons, students may not use a shared email address or that of a friend or family member.
- Software - click links below for download pages:
- DISTANCE LEARNERS need a headset for their computer with a built in microphone for ease in classroom communication.
- OPTIONAL: A mobile device for media playback - make sure that your mobile device can play the mb4 audiobook format
- iOs devices from Apple.com (iPod, iPhone, iPad) can play the audiobook format
- Android devices must download an app to play the m4b audiobook format
Additional Requirements for Companion Leaners (aka Distance Leaners)
One Spirit uses Zoom.us, a free videoconference software accessible by internet ready computers and hand-held devices, to deliver webinars and webcasts. In order to make use of the system, please check that your technology meets the requirements listed on the following page, which contains a helpful test to check your system's readiness for webinar: https://www.onespiritinterfaith.org/videoconference/